Regula monachorum. Text llatí segons el manuscrit de Sankt-Gall Sant Benet de Núrsia. Montserrat, Johannes Luschner, 1499. Digitized version of an incunable printing of the text of the Rule of St. Benedict according to the important manuscript from St. Gall Library, Switzerland. Ignasi M. Fossas [et al.], Regla per als monjos: text llatí/català, Barcelona, Publicacions de l’Abadia de Montserrat, 1997 (Subsidia Monastica, 21).
Regel voor Monniken (Intratext, 2001; © Sint-Willibrordabdij)
- Benedict’s Rule: A Translation and Commentary by Terrence G. Kardong, O.S.B. is the first line-by-line exegesis of the entire Rule of Benedict written originally in English. This full commentary — predominately a literary and historical criticism — is based on and includes a Latin text of Regula Benedicti. Liturgical Press. Hardcover, 664 pp., 6 x 9, ISBN 0-8146-2325-5, $64.95.
- RB 1980 in Latin and English with Notes is a modern, scholarly translation ed. by Timothy Fry, OSB (Liturgical Press, 1981), 672 p., $39.95. The translation by itself is also available in paperback, $2.95, and e-formats.
- The Rule of Benedict: An Invitation to the Christian Life by Georg Holzherr, OSB; Translated by Mark Thamert, OSB. In this new translation, based on the completely revised seventh edition of Die Benediktsregel, Holzherr has created a profoundly rich commentary using up-to-date research methods and the latest translations of ancient monastic texts. This edition also features a completely revised and expanded introduction and commentary. New research in the field of early monasticism is offered, including new insights into the monastic life of women. Finally, the updated bibliography and a detailed index are valuable tools for anyone wanting to explore the extraordinary world of Saint Benedict. Liturgical Press, 2016, 658 p. Hardcover/e-Book.
- The Rule of Our Most Holy Father St. Benedict, Patriarch of Monks, from the Old English Edition of 1638. Edited in Latin and English. (London: Washbourne, 1875). PDF version.
- The Rule of St. Benedict (CCEL; London, 1898).
- The Rule of Saint Benedict, translated from the Latin by Leonard J. Doyle OblSB with introduction by Rev. David W. Cotter, using the division into sense lines for public reading of the first edition that was re-published in 2001 to mark the 75th anniversary of Liturgical Press. Hardcover and paperback editions of Doyle’s translation are available.
- Benedict Backwards: Reading the Rule in the Twenty-first Century by Terrence G. Kardong, O.S.B. Kardong shows the final chapters of the Rule are primarily about community, and they provide insight into Benedict’s vision for his monks. Liturgical Press, 2017, 142p. Paperback and e-Book formats.
Szent Benedek Regulája from Pannonholma Archabbey, Hungary, as a PDF document.
- Regula Benedicti in Latin and German. © 2013 Salzburger Äbtekonferenz.
- Regula monachorum. Text llatí segons el manuscrit de Sankt-Gall Sant Benet de Núrsia. Montserrat, Johannes Luschner, 1499. Digitized version of an incunable printing of the text of the Rule of St. Benedict according to the important manuscript from St. Gall Library, Switzerland. Ignasi M. Fossas [et al.], Regla per als monjos: text llatí/català, Barcelona, Publicacions de l’Abadia de Montserrat, 1997 (Subsidia Monastica, 21).
- Regula Sancti Benedicti (Latin text, translations and indices in Biblioteca Benedictina Intratext)
Although there are only a few Benedictine women in Romania, there is great interest there in monasticism. Marius Ivascu has created for the OSB website the first translation directly from the Latin text of the Rule of Saint Benedict into Romanian. It is available here as a PDF file : Regula Sf. Benedict (.pdf; 351 KB)
The Rule of Saint Benedict in Thai (.pdf; 727 KB). Translated by Msgr. Andrew Vissanu Thanya-Anan, Deputy Secretary General of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Thailand, 2017, 105p.
The Rule of Saint Benedict in Vietnamese (.pdf; 559 KB), 40p.